Since 1977, Preservation Idaho has hosted the annual Orchids & Onions Awards, a ceremony designed to celebrate those individuals and organizations that have made a positive contribution to historic preservation, and in turn, to bring awareness to those projects which have shown an insensitivity to historic preservation.
Awards Ceremony Information:
Location: The Community Library, 415 Spruce Avenue North, Ketchum, Idaho 83340
Date: May 20, 2017
Time: 2:30pm - Doors Open, attendees may view the Hemingway Collection at the library
3:30 PM - Ceremony to begin
4:30-5:30 - Reception with drinks and light appetizers
Tickets are now on sale for the field trip and the awards ceremony.
Tickets are $20 for members and $25 for non-members (plus fees)
To get member pricing you must log into your Preservation Idaho account first.
If you have any questions, please call (208) 424-5111
Field Trip Information:
Your ticket to the awards ceremony also provides the opportunity for a field trip to visit a significant site within the Wood River Valley.
Reservations are required for the field trip and there is a limit of 70 spaces
Vans will depart from the YMCA at 11am, 12pm and 1pm. You must be pre-registered and be on a van in order to participate in the field trip.
If you have any questions, please call Kathleen - (208) 424-5111
The following times are available to reserve your spot for Field Trips (your registration includes admittance to the awards ceremony)
If you want to attend the awards ceremony only, pick the 2:30 timeslot on the calendar.
A block of rooms is available at the beautiful Limelight Hotel. You can contact them directly by phone 855-441-2250 and ask for the Orchids and Onions special rate ($119). The room block is good through April 27th so book early.
This Year's Recipients:
- Fremont County Courthouse - St. Anthony: award to County Commissioners Jordan Stoddard, Lee Miller, and Bill Baxter
- Sturiale Place - Boise: award to Rita Sturiale for relocating and rehabilitating the Wood House from the Central Addition
- Jones House - Boise: award to Frank and Kathy Eld for relocating and rehabilitating the Jones house.
- The Vault (former Bank of Meridian) - Meridian: award to Josh Evarts
- The Garage Cafe - Notus: award to Heather and Scott Zimmerman
- Belinda Davis for over 30 years of services with SHPO/State Historical Society
- Hemingway House - Ketchum: award to the Nature Conservancy
- Judge Walker
- Alan Minskoff
Scott Chandler Award for Excellence in Craftsmanship:
- Greg Marsters