The 2016 WalkAbout Boise Season will start April 9th and run until October 29th - reserve today!
Join us for WalkAbout Boise — an approximately 1.5-hour guided walking tour through 150 years of history and architecture. Let us introduce you to the built environment that makes downtown Boise like no other place. This tour is great for visitors and for Idaho residents who want to learn more about how Boise's vibrant downtown developed and the people who made it happen.
Walking Tour runs Spring, Summer, and Fall
Every Saturday at 11am starting on Grove Street Downtown
$10 per person ($8 for Preservation Idaho members)
Get starting location and additional details when you register or call (208) 409-8282.
Walking Tour highlights include:
- Downtown's evolution from gold rush boomtown, through urban renewal decline, and 21st century revitalization.
- The oldest and newest buildings downtown, spanning 150 years of construction
- Buildings associated with Boise’s historic Basque, German, Jewish, and Chinese communities
- The Idaho State Capitol and Boise City Hall
- Buildings designed by early pioneers and nationally known master architects
- The Egyptian Theater
No minimum attendance required. Max group size 25, but larger groups can be accommodated with advance notice.
Photo by Ken Levy www.photoartgallery1.com