SAVE THE DATE!
Sunday, October 6, 2013
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Purchase Tickets at the Tour
Tickets can be purchased the day of the tour with cash, check, or credit/debit card at the starting point.
Purchase Tickets Online
Online registration is not yet open.
About the Tour
- Self-guided walking tour.
- You are allowed to enter the homes. You will be provided booties to cover your shoes.
- All participants must check-in at the starting point.
- You will receive a brochure with descriptions of the homes and a map. The brochure will also serve as your ticket for entry in each home.
- It takes approximately two hours to complete the tour.
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Be prepared to walk several blocks and wear weather-appropriate clothing.
- Tour will be held rain or shine.
- Children ages 10 and under can participate for free. Children older than 10 will have to pay full ticket price.
With mounting pressure from development and a continuously growing and changing population in the state, it is more necessary than ever to preserve historic and cultural resources, to promote the smart re-use of historic facilities and to educate the community at large of the value of Idaho heritage.
The annual Heritage Homes Tour features select homes in various historic residential areas of Boise. The purpose of this tour is to promote public awareness of Boise’s rich heritage of buildings, neighborhoods, and landscapes.
Previous neighborhoods showcased during the tour include:
- Warm Springs Boulevard
- Harrison Boulevard
- Hays Street District
- Crescent Rim
- 17th & 18th Streets in Boise's North End
- East End Historic District
Historic places represent a snapshot in time, a reminder of the path we have taken and the base upon which our future is built. It is a terrible loss to our cultural heritage when they are taken away. The homes that are showcased in the Heritage Homes Tour are, in a sense, public places that each of us can enjoy and appreciate.
Preservation Idaho is thankful to the homeowners who volunteer to share these beautiful historic homes with you.
Care to Share Your Home?
Preservation Idaho is actively soliciting homes to feature at this annual event. We're looking for historic homes in established historic neighborhoods which can be showcased in future Heritage Homes Tours. Call or e-mail us if you would like us to consider your home.
For more information about the Heritage Homes Tour, please contact us at email@example.com.